Moffat Heating & Plumbing
07817 203589
Archive for the Water Supply Category

My stop-cock doesn’t turn off the water, what should I do?

stop-cockFirst, locate your outside shut-off valve. This is normally located between the road and the property boundary. Use this in an emergency.

Next, it is prudent to call out a plumber to replace the stop-cock in your property.

Generally, this is a relatively inexpensive job and potentially could save you thousands of pounds should you have a leak and are unable to turn off your water supply quickly.

You can help your plumber by describing the position of the stop-cock (under the sink? in the bathroom? in the hall?), the type of stop-cock (colour and material) and any other labelling or markings. All this information helps as they will have a better chance of bringing the right item on the first visit.